Marriage Licenses are issuesd by appointment only
Click on the above link, fill in the required information. The County Clerk’s office will need to view your driver’s license and you will need to provide your social security number once you’re in the office.
Before a marriage can occur in Tennessee, a license must be obtained from a County Clerk. Ministers of the Gospel, Rabbis, Christian Science practitioners, and various civil officials are authorized by law to solemnize a marriage. Marriage license are provide to those over 18 years of age and both parties being present.
- Blood tests are no longer needed
- No waiting period
- Identification requirement - you must bring your driver's license and social security card
- With Certification of Completion certifying at least 4 hours of premarital counseling - $37.00
- Without Certification of Completion - $97.00
You must know the following:
- Parents' full name (including maiden name of mother)
- Parents' state of birth
- Applicant's number of prior marriages
- Date last marriage ended (month, day & year)
A marriage license is valid for 30 days after issuance and may be executed outside of Tennessee. However, it must be returned to the issuing Clerk for recording and filing with the Tennessee Vital Records Office.
To receive a certified copy of your marriage certificate you must supply the County Clerk's office with the following:
- Name of couple(including bride's maiden name)
- Date of marriage
- $5.00 money order
You may make this request in person or by mail. The address is:
Robertson County Clerk
511 S. Brown Street
Springfield, TN 37172
The Robertson County Clerk’s Office now accepts Visa and MasterCard Credit card payments for most services.*Convenience fees do apply.